Get your buisness To Grow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by andersonmowing23, Aug 17, 2004.

1. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

Does anyone out their have any good ways to make your buisness grow i want about 15-20 more accounts just residential anybody got any ideas either things on the flyers or other ideas other then flyers that might get me some i know about flyers but any good ideas on those would be greatly apprieciated but just wondering what works best for everyone

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

For cutting services you'll probably not get a very good response esp on 15-20 New Accts this late in the season. Start early next year on it though.

3. C&J landscape

C&J landscape LawnSite Member

I have been having good luck with ads in our local paper's home & garden section.
    But MMLawn is right, it is late in the season, everybody should already have an LCO.
    Good Luck anyway!

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We've been at it 10 years full time now...have never once advertised. All new business is by referral. We even send out a referral letter in mid-march asking our clientel if they know of anyone who could use our service.

Works every year too btw...

5. andersonmowing23

O i know that this late in the season i meant next season when do you think is a good time to start to flyer for the next mowing season

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the type of advertisment really depends on your area. Try small sampling different types of advertisment to see which has more of a response.

7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I'm in the same boat so here is my strategy for next year.

1- Send out letters to old customers asking for referrals (free mow campaign)

2- Advertise 5-8 weeks before season starts
    3- Door to Door 8 weeks before season starts (more free mow campaign)
    4- Send letters to real Estate Brokers
    5- Clip all deed tranfer info in paper and send letter or stop by
    6-Cruise around town looking for "Sold" signs in front of houses

8. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I put flyers out in september of last year and got several accounts out of them. You never know you might get someone who just moved in and are looking for an LCO. When I did my flyers I printed them on 4.5 x 5.5 card stock instead of that flimsy 8.5x11 inch printer paper. I also Put 4 color clip art and professional images on them and gave a brief detailed description of my services. I was told by several of my clients they were highly impressed by my flyers. I also advertise in several of the yellow pages. It was $120 A YEAR to put my ad in there and it has paid for itself many times over.

9. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Any chance you could post one here or show us a photo of one?

10. andersonmowing23

Yeah I second that one I always have a tuff time coming up with ideas any ideas wouldn't hurt whats the best thing everyone has put on a flyer