Gettin' 2007 Started!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SLC LLC, Jan 24, 2007.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I got the purchasing started today. Bought another Ferris 52" Deck/ 23 HP Kawasawki Walk Behind with Bull Rider. I know Ferris just came out with the new models; however, I chose to stay away from it simply because I already have the same 52" mower that I purchased, and this would make replacing parts and maintenance much easier.

Anyone have thoughts on the new Ferris models????

I also purchased a Bed Edger with an additional blade for small stump grinding. Have the work lined up already to pay for the stump grinding blade, and will use the bed edger mainly for cutting edges around landscape beds before we install mulch.

Have been busy painting all of the trailers and racks to match the trucks. Getting exctied for the season to start!!!!!! Any one else with equipment purchases this year?

2. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

Im ready too, wish I had a lot more done to trailer and mowers Ill just do the best I can. I am ready to roll though. Thiis will be a good year.

3. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I'm ready. Yesterday I traded in my trusty 727A Z-Trak and bought a new John Deere 797 Z-Trak w/ 72" deck.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a 32" W/B, and some new trimmer racks. I ready to cut

5. justinL110

justinL110 LawnSite Member

Hey striper pro, how do you like your billy goat?

6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I get done paying for my Z in April, so i am thinking about adding a walk-behind to the mix. I'm so used to the payment that I might as well just get another mower. It would certainly help.

7. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

im waiting to see is ferris/simplicity offers a 0% finance offer this season, if so im probably getting a 48"/21hp Simpliticy Citation since it has the same ferris commercial deck, under 6k and will fit easy behind all of my customers gates that the 61" doesnt fit through, still have to use my 34" walk behinds for anything smaller than 48" but most customers have a 4' gate anyway. Ill probably get a bagger for this one too.

8. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a Toro T-Bar 48" w/ Tru Trak and 21" Proline w/BBC

9. SLC  LLC

Justin - Is a very good machine. Some guy actuall had it sitting behind his house for several years, and was throwing it away. I took it to the shop, let them go through the carb, and it ran like a champ. nothing beats a FREEBIE!!!! We really do not use it all that much though, mainly only for gum balls. It sucks those little things up like a vacuum!!!! It can be difficult to push through tall or thick grass though because it has smaller wheels on the front. I believe that the newer ones have big wheels on the front.

Hope this helps!

10. SLC  LLC

Just walked in the house for the day! Finished painting one of the trailers today and got the new tires put on. My neighbors cats ripped all the wires off the trailer over the course of last season, so the lights had been hodge-podged back together several times. So Dad and I were going to tear it all out, and start from scratch to make sure the lights were all working again.

I decided to go with the LED lights this time. Ran all new wiring, and hooked everything up. Those LED'S are fabulous - IMO! I really like how bright those things are. I went with LED style running lights on the side of the trailer too. And last but not least, I added four more running lights to the trailer - two on each side. This thing will really shine!!!!!

Arm is finally on the mend after the accident, and am able to get some work done. What a great time of year!!!!