Gettin' busy!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rider1000, Apr 8, 2001.

1. rider1000

rider1000 LawnSite Member

Did a $1000.00 mulch and minor landscape job saturday, had 2 prospective clients approach me while working. Helped a buddy mow a 4 acre commercial job today, and am going to start mowing my residential stuff this week. It felt great flying down that lawn today on my new Hustler Z and seeing my buddy running the w/b, I thought to myself i've got to go full time cause this sure beats working for someone else. Hoping to get more work when they see me out mowing this week. Good luck to all fellow Lawn site members.

2. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Someone said last week it gave them a warm and fuzzy feeling inside after there first full day back! hehehehe

3. it sure does feel great to be back to work for the year. sure beats sittin home or running around burning up gas. only thing i dont like for right now is that you get the year starting blisters. but once those are calussed over it is all good.

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I got a warm and burnt feeling after mowing Saturday!

Spring has sprung down south!

5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Yep ive been very busy for 2-1/2 weeks now.No slowing down now unless when summer hits it gets very dry. Sure do like these days getting longer,now i might make it in before dark.. Going to buy a used 98 utility trailor tomorrow its very nice 16' tandom, aluminum wheels,electric brakes,and drop gate,plus the guy who ownes it put the gate on it and it is 3-times lighter than mine.Its a doolittle he used it for 4=wheelers and hauled a few cars on it, built very well for the price 900.00 I seen it setting on a business lot and called him saturday he said he was showing it to 4people this monday i ask if anyone had said the wanted it forsure,and i told him i would meet him there with cash,he said he would hold it for me,thank God. Ill keep my 14footer for other jobs. Marks Mowing Service

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The grass is growing here. Had some very warm weather these
    last couple of days.

We have a packed schedule for this upcoming week. Matt's already went to bed at 9:00Pm, so he can be well rested for tomorrow, but I'm still up since I'm the night owl. I need to break this vicious cycle of staying up late, and get back into the routine of things. :)

7. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Saturday night I was feelin the pains of sun a couple ant bites and about 3 in the morning a bad cramp in my calf. Saturday was my fist full day because of all the rain we have been having. I cut two yards friday and got stuck in a ditch at one, it was a little to wet to ride the bank and the kubota just slid down into the ditch and once it got there I was going no where. Had to hook a chain to the front and pull it out will the truck. It wasted about 30 to 45 minutes(i was by myself at first)I had to go and pick up my uncle to pull me out. But Im still glad to be back at it. Unlike everyone up north I dont have any snow to plow in the winter months and most people around here just leave the leafs for the first cutting which also takes more time trying to cut them up into small peices.

8. Jason, hows the Kubota? Saw some pics of it in Grounds mag. I was impressed. Won't need one over here on this side of the big blue. I read on with interest. BTW does the diesel smoke bother you or the new deeees Chopper riders?

Have a good season. Take your vites and don't forget the sunscreen!

Aloha,
    P.Y.S.

9. KD'sLawns

KD'sLawns LawnSite Member

Yeah, it's that time of year. I have been so far behind these last three weeks that I may catch up by friday. I told a guy that I would do some work to some bathrooms in a grocery store and had to replace some doors for him. (I told him this in January to help with some extra cash.) Well, about three weeks ago he tells me that he got the go-ahead. It took me five days, but I finished it. Then, I had two sprinkler systems to put in. Now, I am playing catch-up. Wednesday mowed five yards, Thursday mowed six, Friday mowed six in 60mph wind and ran new cable lines for a lady. Saturday, mowed five. All with my 21" as I haven't replaced my rider yet. Hopefully, I will get caught up by this Friday. I am getting back into mowing shape quick!!

10. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

Here in central Ohio, it has been 80 degrees for the las two days. The grass is shooting out of the ground! I love this job!!