Gettin' too hot for some!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rougher83, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Rougher83

Rougher83 LawnSite Member

Well apparently its warming up enough here in the nations mid-section that the once reluctant homeowners are now willing to hire out their lawn mowing. While mowing yesterday I had 4 people stop and ask for estimates. Gave said estimates, but I added $10 to what I would normally charge...the reason being that I am already if they want my service they are going to have to pay.

One estimate that really chapped my a$$ though was a lady that when I gave her the price (weekly mowing) she replied, "I don't think it needs to be cut every week. I replied..."are you not cutting it once a week". Her response..."Yea..but...blah...blah...blah. The Bermuda is seeding like crazy around here...some people I swear!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else adds a little to their normal fees this far into the season to make it worth your while?
  2. ercrvs24

ercrvs24 LawnSite Member

Not me, but I'm not totally booked. I'm still needing MORE payup
  3. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I went up about 15% because if they waited for the hot weather to sign up, I think there is a good chance that they will be the ones to cancel once it cools down a little.