1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting a little scared

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALBsun1, Mar 31, 2006.

1. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

In these parts, the Maryland, D.C. area, and probably a lot of the mid atlantic region, we haven't had rain for about a month and a half. Couple that with hardly any snow and moisture during the winter. It should be raining all the time this time of year to get that grass growing. I am getting nervous, not to mention pissed off. I want to start cutting yesterday.
  2. jetcleaned

jetcleaned LawnSite Member

yeah im down here in va beach and its slow
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Right now I feel like a working girl in church...real nervous
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

It's been raining here for the last couple of hours. Hopefully it continues.
  5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

We're supposed to get some rain over the next few days. It looks like the grass will need cutting starting next week. I hope we have a repeat of last spring... just enough rain to show up each week without double cutting.

Try getting paid in advance to avoid the worries.......
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Send it east Jodi when ya had enough :)
  7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

it's going to rain here right when i have cleanups to do:hammerhead:
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Trust me, it's going to rain...
    It has to, it's the law.

We still got time, plenty of it.
    Try and relax, I got the last of my machines into spring 06's maintenance schedule today - Might I suggest going over each machine meticulously, check everything out and fix or adjust anything that's out of whack: Doing this can save you considerable down-time because once it gets busy, the machines may have to go all year without anything but the bare basics.
    But if you're really worried:
    To make it rain, you need to wash and wax your car, preferrably all by hand and the more detailed, the better. Then, do the truck and trailer same way. If it doesn't take you at least 3-4 hours each, do it again.

I did it last year, so it's your turn :)
  9. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks ALB.

Probably a good time to be selling mulch or landscaping. Gotta plan ahead for these things.

I thought it would be bad here in KS but everythings is green and growing now.
  10. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Its been raining here the last 3 days, I could send you some if you wanted me to....Greenest i have seen alot of my lawns in awhile!