1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting another ZTR, need bagger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitylandscaping, May 19, 2004.

1. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi guys,

I'm adding a third ZTR to the fleet on Saturday (2004 Lesco Z-Two 60" 25hp Kawi)..

Just wondering how many of you use the Peco bagger system and if its really worth $2200?? I know it would help a lot with all of this high spring growth and fall cleanup work, but is there something out there that is cheaper that will get the job done.. I do not want a side mount catcher like the accelerator.. Nothing against them, I just don't think they would work as well on a ZTR..

2. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I guess youv'e got it ordered, but if I was looking for a bagger, I 'd buy a Walker. Awesome bagging, no extra motor to bang on things, or extra weight.
    mot only that you can run side discharge decks for most of the season, and swith for the cleanups to bag mode.
    I just bought a Gravley 252z.
    I am faster with the Walker with a 52 sd deck.
    Maybe next time!
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Peco 2200 9 bushles, Accelerator 9 bushles 750.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

John, When it is loaded do you end up like Fred Flintstone when they drop the slab of ribs on the window tray. " I may be dating myself as to the type of cartoons I watched".
  5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a peco type on a cub tank, it says cub commercial on it, works great. I believe its a 12 bushel one. I paid 1900.00 2 or 3 years ago. you won't be sorry with that choice.
  6. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah John, how heavy is the accelerator to dump? how heavy in wet grass?
  7. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Not knowing much about Lesco mowers, I assume some REAL name manufactor makes them for lesco, but that seems like an awful lot for a bagger. For $2200 I think could build a sweet bagging system. I know with Grasshopper a bagging system is no more than 2k, that is a rear mounted hopper. If mowing manufactors can't design an affordable decent bagging system then what are they doing. A side mount catcher on a ZTR is a bad idea.
  8. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a few questions

1. I see you already have a 60'' ztr, is this to replace that one.

2. What is the price tag on those lescos, there are no dealers here that stock them.

3. If it was me, I could not bring myself to spend 2K on a bagger.
  9. qualitylandscaping

Thanks for the advice guys

Si- I did consider a Walker since we talked about them before, but I had a hard time finding a dealer around here. BTW, I told A. Dibble to call you; he's looking for a job;)

JG- I'm going to buy an accelerator for my walkbehinds, but I really think it would screw up the cutting height if I put it on a Z. Not to mention the extra 2'+ for the bagger on the side.. That is almost an 8' width (way to big for tight residentials)..

This bagger system has its own engine, dump-from-the seat handle, and is the sweetest bagger unit I've ever seen; just don't know if its worth it lol
  10. qualitylandscaping

Eric- The 60" ZTR is the one I'm talking about. I already ordered it so I put it in my signature line.

Price tag after all of my discounts ---> $5895.99 + tax!!!!