Getting back my Cash Flow

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JTLawnandLandscape, Sep 13, 2006.

1. JTLawnandLandscape

JTLawnandLandscape LawnSite Member

I just recently quit a school teaching job at the end of last year... During the winter months and even when I was in school I had very little time to build a good foundation of clientel. It is September now and I need work before the winter to maintain a cash flow... While I have the time, I am prospecting new clients for the winter and lining up snowplowing contracts.

Any ideas for advertisement to get new customers... Fall cleanups, aeration, dethatching.. I have all the equipment I just need to use it.

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I take it you are not 16 years old if you were a Teacher so the first thing I would do is network your friends and family base- In NY you are about out of mowing season so work the plowing hard with a soft push for next years mowing- Network Network Network,
    Print up a flier and start handing it out for mowing after the first of the year.
    Go to Plowsite and ask them about plowing as I avoid snow as much as possible:laugh:
    Talk to everybody you meet about what you do--IT IS YOUR LIFE -- make sure everybody knows that, Hand out your cards to everybody--Send Christmas letters out to everybody that tell of you new business. Even if they are from out of state- you know someone from out of state--Think they may knows others in NY??:)
    Fliers to those you do not know and network to those you do.
    Thanks for being the most important parts of people’s lives; sorry you chose not to do that any more, Good luck

3. JTLawnandLandscape

JTLawnandLandscape LawnSite Member

I appreciate your suggestions.... My biggest problem right now is the loss of work.. I really need some jobs from now until winter... I just ordered a 10 wheeler of hardwood logs that I am going to split up and sell and continue to do for a cash flow... I just want to get into that groove again and not have to worry about paying bills. Fall cleanups, core aeration, thatching and gutters I will hit up hard in the next month.

Before I went into teaching my business was doing good and paying bills. I went into teaching to see if i would like it and ended up going out of my mind being trapped in a building knowing how much money I could be making outside. My equipment hardly got worked in the spring because of my job and I was miserable.

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

If you figure that out let me know, that would be the sercret to mine and everybodys life!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: