getting business is too easy...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jprince884, Aug 30, 2004.

1. jprince884

jprince884 LawnSite Member

OK...after reading many many posts and talking to a friend in the business, I passed out 500 flyers. One call came in the same day for a $25 reg account and another one today for $40. I offered $35 and she insisted I take $40. She also gave me a 9 yd mulch job for the spring. Also today, I went to an apt complex to ask about mowing and got a $600 job to remove taxis bushes. It sounds like I will also get the mowing acct there too.
    I am the biggest procrastinator. These last few days have got me SO excited...it's TOO easy. I plan on going door to door this week. I have some experience with a few landscape companies but I don't know much. Rec's compliments on my first lawn today. Take your time, be professional, and make your kids pass out the flyers; they have fun and you make $$. I have a deal with my son, for every job I get from HIS flyers he gets $5.
    WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS A LONG TIME AGO???

2. boxoffire

boxoffire LawnSite Member

Just curious JPrince, pondering myself and hadn't gone and officially got a license/insurance. Have you done either or both at this point? Think I'll make up some flyers soon, real soon. Oh and how old are you?

Thanks.

Adam

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Adam, just so you know, you can click on the "profile" button and most members put their age in their profiles.

4. jprince884

jprince884 LawnSite Member

I know it sounds crazy but I don't have insurance yet. I am trying to get set up for next year. With only about two months of mowing left I don't want to pay $47/mo for insurance over the winter. I got a quote of $561/yr through Erie insurance for $1 million liability and it also covers my equipment.