1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting Business License

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Gitrmowed, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Gitrmowed

Gitrmowed LawnSite Member

I mow 4-5 yards on a regular basis. Is it worthwhile to get a business license?
  2. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

I look at it this way; If you are mowing for 4-5 people and you are NOT related to those people then you need to be licensed. IF it is your granny's or your mothers then I would not worry about it. The only problem here in Tennessee is that if a state trooper stops you and you have a mower and a trimmer on the trailer then you are commercial. You have to have a business license to get a commercial license plate for your truck. Hope this helps.
  3. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

Just saw where you are from Smyrna. If I were you I would get a business license. If you are mowing in Rutherford and Davidson Countys some say you need a license in both countys. I mow in Moore,Bedford, Coffee and Franklin counties and they tell me I am supposed to get a license in all those counties. I only have one for Moore county though