getting calls at 11:00 and later at night

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike9497, Apr 19, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

well i have a phone system in my house at the office and in the shop that work off the same number.the past week i have been hearing my phone ring sometimes at 11 or 12 at night.last night someone called at 1 in the morning.why the hell would you call someone for landscape services that late at night.i mean do they think im going to pickup lol.has this happened to you guys before?its all new to me.lol

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the latest that I had ever was 10:30 pm and I was even mad at that one...but what you are talking about is totally nutz.

3. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Easy solution to that.

Disconnect the cord for the night or turn ring off.:D

4. Just Turned Pro

Just Turned Pro LawnSite Member

Hey, meth users need lawn services also!

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

It's those little old ladies. They're up all night.
    Hey, at least you're getting calls. Are they leaving a message?
    Crawdad

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Any call that I get at 11 or after better be from someone telling me I won the lottery...LOL

7. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i had a call once last yr from a new cust at 11.30 i just let the machine get it. I had like 3 old people call me around 5:45 to 6 am b4 lol.some people are just nuts

8. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Got a call from one of my little old lady customers last week at 5:30am. She called to tell me she was going out of town and that the dog was going to be in the back yard and she didn't want me to let him out. Nuts seem to be everywhere.

The funny thing is, the dog is so old I don't think I could get him out of the yard if I was holding a T-bone steak.

9. xpnd

xpnd LawnSite Senior Member

I can understand e-mails in the wee hours of the night. They work third shift and use the company's computer. What I'm amazed with are the people that call me between midnight and 5AM. I run my voice mail through the computer so it records time and caller ID and it is their home number. I have better things to do at that time like SLEEP. I did have an upset customer ask why I didn't answer the phone on Sunday because her other lawn service did. I just told her he obiviously didn't have a life and I did. This business will run you into the ground if you don't set some limits for off time for yourself.

10. Lawn277

Lawn277 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Some people think that if they are awake, everyone else should be. I dont even let my kids call out or recieve calls after 10 pm.
    I think that if the phone rings in the wee hours of the A.M. that somebody is dead

thanks
    Rick