getting clients

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jhengen, Feb 19, 2002.

1. jhengen

jhengen LawnSite Member
    from mpls.mn

How do you all get your commercial clients. Do you make phone calls to them, or advertise and wait fr them to call you? Advertising is spendy so I've been doing the foot work and going to the businesses and asking if they want a bid. I'm just wondering if other small ( 2 man ) companys do it this way to.

2. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

To be honest the best way for you to learn about this is to go to the search key and SEARCH IT!

3. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

I have never given a rating before but this one needs a bad one.

4. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

You gotta go get em, if you wait for them to come to you you will lose out. I usually call first or send a letter to the manager / owner or property manager telling them I'm interested in bidding on their property, I tell them I will be calling at a certain time next week. I find out in the call what Im bidding on exactly and bid accordingly. If you dont advertise, especially if you aren't in the yellow pages, why would they contact you? good luck.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Contact a real estate management firm and tell them you are interested in bidding for lawn care. They will add you to their mailing list and will send you their requirement along with a list of properties.

The search feature on this site will help you much more than I.

MATT