Getting Closer!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 12, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well, my 15k flyers went out today... I gained 2 customers today for cutting lawns and 3 new customers for landscaping! and thats just the first day of the flyers, so i will prolly get more calls... I am waiting until i get 35 lawns until i get a 48in zeroturn mower, right now i have 22. and i might be buying 7 customers off a freind for $650. I just hope i can get 13 more customers soon! plus once i get the 48in i can go after commercial accts.

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

How big are the 22 yards?

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

average is about 5k sq feet

4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

but my father is working on getting me a commerical account at some condos, and the current guy gets paid about 900 a month and itll only take like 90 min to do it all with 2 people and a 48in mower. so hopefully i can get that account and if i get it b4 i get my 48 then ill rush out and buy a 48, otherwise ill wait till i get the 48 then ill push to get the acct. plus ill prolly get more commerical accounts if i get a 48in... also, i would prolly charge 750-800 a month and do a better job then the other guy ;)

5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

It's "probably", not "prolly". Whats wrong with you people? If you cant spell, use the spell check function. Sorry to divert the thread, but this error should have been eliminated in elementary school.

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

yes i know how to spell, but im in a hurry, well not really, i just like to make shorter words... dont worry, as long as im not saying "cent" or "ax" dont be complaining. hehe jk.... but its just part of my slang when talking online, sorry about it, in person im regular ;) sorry about pissing you off. I will start talking better on here for you ;)

7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I'm not pissed off. I see that gramatical error a lot on this site and thought I would shed some light on it. No hard feelings, I hope.

8. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

hehe i totally understand what you mean. its like pulling up to buger king and being told that it is "5 dollars and fity five cent." i know what you mean. Thank you for pointing it out to me though, cause I never really realised that I used slang. anyway, only 13more lawns! lol

9. godsey03

godsey03 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

how much did it cost to send out all those flyers. Did you have them inserted into the paper. Just curious because it sounds like it worked.

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

well they went out today, all my other 20 customers were just customers from the winter snow removal and they wanted to have their lawn cut, and then they told their freinds and such, so be fore i knew it i had 20 customers.

anyway the flyers go in the mailbox like an ad, its a company called C&G newspaper here in mich. and i just tell them what i want and then they print one up to make sure i like it, then i handover the money, then in 3 weeks they go out. i paid between 500-600 for 15k flyers.

like i said today was the first day and ive had 5 calls. so ill probably be getting more calls each day.