getting comm. accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnguyz2k3, Jan 19, 2004.

1. lawnguyz2k3

lawnguyz2k3 LawnSite Member

I started out last year and my buisness has grown. I would like to get a few comm. accounts how do i go about it ? I have all the ins. IS there a class i could take ? :blob2:

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

You need to submit bids to the companies in early spring. A drawn up offer that explains what you'll do and what it will cost them. Try a search on this site for "commercial bidding" or something. There has been a tremendous amount of material posted on this subject.

3. lawnguyz2k3

lawnguyz2k3 LawnSite Member

do you usualy just make up a bid or do you ask if its ok to do one up and just give it to them wich would be best?

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I usually go and scope out the account I want to bid on first. I think about mowing time, trimming time, and any other unique time constraints about the area. Then I draw up my bid. Check out www.staples.com or www.officemax.com and look for bid or proposal sheets. Buying them premade helps you understand the basic format. This way you can fill in the information it requires and go from there.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Lawnguy,

Here is a helpful post.

Click here

6. DAZED AND CONFUSED

DAZED AND CONFUSED LawnSite Member

one of the most effective ways to get ino the comm. market is an add in the yellow pages. since most comm. contracts are on either a 1 or 3 yr. plan most bldg mgrs send out invitations to bid on theese facilities at this time sources for their potential bidders come from you guessed it the yellow pages or the blue book of contractors