1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting Commercial Accounts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by NNJLandman, Oct 11, 2003.

1. GreatBigTuna

GreatBigTuna LawnSite Member

Best of Luck! Let us know how your letter produces for you.
  2. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Along with the letter I'd send copies of you state or local license, insurance info, pest control certification and current references.
    Then call every company you sent a letter, then call them again and send them another letter. In fact it really doesn't matter what you do, as long as you keep doing it over and over again. Good Luck!
  3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Equipguy - I agree with what you said, I have done this for years. I learned, though, that you should leave out the insurance info. It's noone's business knowing how much you are insured for, or how much you pay. Just tell them you are fully insured and if proof is needed, then you can get something written from your agent. That's what I did, very simple.
  4. summergrove

summergrove LawnSite Member

I think the letter is a good idea. I have one along the same lines, but I find it more worth my time to pick the accounts I really want and go in person. It seems these days we try to get rid of talking to real people to often. It can make a good impression if you are face to face. Another thought we find neighborhoods that have compact lawns and mail them a great package if five or more sign on. For a 8000' lawn we charge about 80 per month but we bill for 12 months. We also give them special rates on other services we offer.Just something to think about it has given us enough work to really choose what we want to do.
  5. ccwmlw

ccwmlw LawnSite Member

I just got done sending out about 40 letters. I got 2 responses, and I may get both.