Getting excited...

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by Don M., Sep 22, 2009.

1. Don M.

Don M. LawnSite Member

A friend of mine, Curtis, who post on here and myself are getting ready to go up to Reinders on Wed outside of Chicago for a day. They are having a small presentation and I am really looking forward to it.

I'm anxious to see what I can do with this during the holiday season. I have a great website for my exterior cleaning biz, and I am working on adding a page to that for holiday lighting. I would be content getting 10-15 jobs this year. I know its going to be a huge learning curve, but there is a great bunch of guys on here that share a lot and have cut that curve down considerably.

I've got a list of about 160 people that have contacted me through my website so far this year, or have had work done. I plan on using Constant Contact to announce we are offering Holiday Lighting. Constant Contact has done VERY WELL for me.

2. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I googled constant contact. email marketing. I was thinking about trying that this year, but I am afraid of making the junk email leap. do you selectively demographic your email marketing, or does it just spam everybody in your area?

3. Don M.

Don M. LawnSite Member

David, I only have the emails of people that have contacted me through my website. I usually follow up that area with a radius mailing of that particular address. Constant contact cost me $20 bucks a month and I've done almost 10k of work from it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

We use a similar product for our online retail store. It works well.
    It also lets people opt out of future emails.

5. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

How do you establish a contact list though?

6. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

past sales, or people just sign up for it.