getting fat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SDF250, Mar 6, 2001.

1. SDF250

SDF250 LawnSite Member

2 years ago i got a sulky and gained prob. 10 #'s

last year i got a lazer gained about 20 more

DID THIS HAPPEN TO ANYBODY ELSE

2. Bassman

Bassman LawnSite Senior Member

Not yet...Between the property cleanup's and trimming, staying pretty fit so far. I have gained a few pounds during winter but that will come off in a hurry this spring/summer.

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Lay off the junk-food and eat more fruits/vegies. I use my sulky only on large yds where my Z-Master wont reach. You can also walk that extra weight off,or maybe a little exercise.. Bet when that hot weather hits and you lay off that sulky every other yd the lbs will go. Marks Mowing Service

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

That's one of the main reasons I don't use my velke much. It was making me fat and lazy. I can't imagine what I would look like if I rode. LOL.

5. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

you guys can give me some of that weight, i onlt weigh 158lbs, no making fun , but i need to get some

6. SDF250

SDF250 LawnSite Member

I'M ONLY AT 160 BUT IT SEEM LIKE IVE BEEN DRINKING 24/7

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My wife said that I would get fat riding a ZTR. But I tell her that I get my exercise when I use the trimmer. I'll gain 10-15lbs over the einter, but I'll loose it in a month or two.

8. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Ah, yes I got a Walker ZTR last June and really packed on the pounds. Until then I was only using a WB. I tipped the scales in Jan. at 212#. I then went on a diet program called Herbalife and since Jan.8,2001 I have lost 27#. I am still dropping off the #s and want to get to 175#s before I start cutting again. This year I will be drinking more water instead of pop and eating right. No more McDonalds, Wendys,Taco Bell ect. I hope I can maintain it after I start mowing again. Wife said she could see a gain after I got the Walker. So my advice is eat right and even riding a ZTR you should be able to maintain your present weight.
    Good Luck,
    Mowman

9. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

When I started loking into getting into the business, I was just proud they made the ZTRs so fat folks could ride them.
    I am 6' and went to the doc yesterday cause I was sick and had gone from 260 last Jan to 280. Usually when I sit on my a$$ infront of this computer during the winter I will gain a 15 - 20#, but I have been running around doing things this winter. But I don't know howmany of the 49cent Burger King cheese burgers I have eaten in the last 2 months running around. After the doc visit, I stopped and got a 99cent Chicken sandwich. Ever noticed it costs alot more to eat better.

10. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member