Getting Financing for new mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Gitrmowed, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Gitrmowed

Gitrmowed LawnSite Member

I would like to get a better mower, but have some credit issues. Are there any companies that seem to be easier to get financing with? I would like to get more yards, but need a more reliable mower.

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

try prosper.com

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Have you ever financed anything before (equipment wise)? Either way, I would recomend Sheffield Financial.

4. Gitrmowed

I have never financed any equipment. I am just part time now, but would like to start doing more.

5. echeandia

Huh? So do you want to buy equipment or not?

6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

just go down to your local credit union. Beware of large national chain banks ie chase bank of amexico...a LOCAL bank or credit union will look at YOU not your stupid fico score.

7. echeandia

That explains the long line of loan applicants I saw this morning.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have a trade in or any cash you can put down on a new machine? Several of the brands have great financing offers for this year. IMO, sheffeid financial is the way to go. They are pretty easy to get approved.

9. Gitrmowed

I want to buy equipment to be able to take on some more yards. I need a more reliable & faster mower to feel comfortable taking on more yards.

10. echeandia

What kind of rate can he expect? Also, how piss poor is your credit so he has a frame of reference?