Getting Good Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GSL 23, Nov 28, 2003.

1. GSL 23

GSL 23 LawnSite Member

Hello every one. I am looking into hiring new help next year. It is hard to find good help around. what do you guys think about hiring foreigners. around here a lot if buddies of mine seem to like them they work better than a a lot of people. What are some pro's and con's that you have experienced with that. Please share your input. Thanks

GSL23

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Hiring people to work for you especially non-citizens can lead to some problems with your company. You must verify citizenship or a greencard. However if you do everything by the book you will also have to have someone on site that is fluent in both languages. Pro's they don't care about how many hours you work them, never worry about Saturday or Sunday work if nessessary. They don't complain, work harder for less. You better first check into the legal side.. I highly recommend it especailly after 9-11. If you do like some do and just pay cash to workers another problem. If you have had employee's in the past them you are aware of what I am saying.