Getting grass in neighbors lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A.J.'s Lawn Service, Oct 23, 2004.

1. A.J.'s Lawn Service

A.J.'s Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Alright. Today i was mowing a really overgrown lawn, and as i was raking all the extra debris off the side walk the next door neighbor started yelling at me for getting grass on his lawn so i say that there is no way that i could have and he says well come here and ill show you, i say can't you see I'm kinda busy, and this is when he got pissed, he said BOY theres no talking to you so the next time you do it i will have my attorney talk to you, so than i just said OK and went back to work.

So my question is can he really do something about it, and if so what can he do.

2. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

i cant think of an attorney who works for free so do u think he is gonna spend a few hundred dollars to have is attorney threaten u. could be his other neighbors grass could be his own grass. tell him to f off or be like for $50 i can clean the mess your landscapers left u

3. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

The neighbor is a joke. He is probably one of those idiots who is trying to scam you to pick up his crap. I would tell him to call his attorney, call his bluff.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

.....And for courtesy sake, make sure from now on you have plenty of border to not get any over there. If you DO happen to get some over there, simply hit it with a blower and get it off of his yard. He'll be watching! lol

5. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Who gives a F---! Really people. Grass will blow around, there is a thing called WIND. Tell him where he can put his anger problem.

6. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Before you get too assertive you might want to take the time to call the city attorney's office and see if there is an ordinance on littering that might cover the grass clippings. You would be surprised what is on the books in some of these cities. In some areas you can get a ticket for littering if you leave grass clippings in the street, it might also cover the neighbor's yard.

7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Yeah, there are some pretty crazy rules. I know in my town/city, you can get a ticket for having a bad looking yard.

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Guy sounds like a PITA but if it was me, Iwould have looked to see what he was talking about and tried to remedy the problem. If it turned out to be legit, propose blowing back into the yard and see if he would be alright with that. Keeping a level head with some people is difficult but they might take something out of context and try to use it against you. He is not going to get a lawyer unless he has one as a friend, too much money.

9. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

kinda sounds like this one job i did this summer... went and did brush hog job.. taller than ****...... so the next week we came in and did it with the exmark after we raked it up... guy next door cam over after we mowed and said ya know u guys blew that stuff all over my yard.. i was like excuse me sir dont it look alot better than it did... he said nothing.. then says the next week i am ganna call the cops... i dont think he ever did.. when we went there i was a smart azzz and did 5 border's just on his side... take it this is not a good lawn pretty crappy house so crappy lawn.. i dont recall there is a law against it.. if i do it on accident i blow it off.... or the neighbor just dont care.. cuz he does it to us some times... thats my 2 sense :blob3:

10. Wreak

Wreak LawnSite Member

He'd have a cow if he lived in florida and found the next door neighbor's entire Oak tree in his yard. Tell that guy to STFU and go back inside and watch Judge Judy.