getting help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John P., Jan 8, 2005.

1. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

For my second year in business I'm looking to have 2 commercial accounts, and around 8 residential. I want to know if it would make sense to have someone come along and help mow and trim, because i would not be able to them all in one day. It would be nice to have someone help to knock it out in a day, and to lighten the load. How many guys have small routes that they bring someone with and at what point did you need someone?
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Not exactly sure if I'm interpreting your post right. You want to hire someone to do all the accounts in a day, so that guy is only employed 8hrs one day a week? Or would you be adding more accounts to work together everyday?
  3. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

If you can find a reliable person to help you and they are willing to work only the day or 2 you need them, you might be alright. If you find someone pay them according to what they can do, to your satisfaction. I have found that teenagers, now any way, are usually not well versed in mowing. Also remember they are there to help you. Some times you have to follow up on them so much they arent worth it. A moderately talented helper will save you a lot of time and energy though. Just make sure you have enough profit built in to these jobs. -Paul
  4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Unless you already have another job or something, why would you want to do all your lawns in just one day. What's wrong with just YOU doing them on 2 separate days?