getting hoa

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gglawns, Oct 22, 2005.

1. gglawns

gglawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I found a list of every hoa in my city. a lot of them have e-mail address listed. Anyone have a letter they send to these type of accounts. what does it look like? i would appreciate it if anyone could post or send me one.

or would it be better just to call?

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

It would be better to throw that list in your garbage and go on with life, IMO.

3. Future LCO

Future LCO LawnSite Member

Hoa's are some of the best money you can make because most HOAs are looking for a "complete package" company. Mowing, Fert, Irrigation, Tree trimming, Hedge TRimming, Snow removal. The whole works. The key is learning out to deal with one account that has many many different voices you have to make happy. The easiest way to get into HOAs is find that newer ones. The ones who are still developing and are looking for someone to plant the grass for them and get their lawna nd landscape started. Its a lot of work but if you get in with them good at the start they wont have many expectations like an HOA that has been around hte block a few times would have. Most HOAs i've been a part of mowing are anywhere from 30-100K a year accounts that all we had were on 3 year contracts. Make sure you can handle the amount of work.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

How did you get the list? And I agree that HOA are the best type of business for the mid range lawn business. Usually TG don't deal with them because of the need for a lot of quick turnaround on problems. I would put together a two - three page color advertisement and sent it to them. And as previously stated you have to be prepared to do everything and not likely to be able to make money subbing things out. They look for low bidder so don't load a lot of stuff inthe bid, like mulch, tree trimming. All that stuff is extra as needed.

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Bottom line unless you have some pull it is bid per job the lowest bid gets the work.