1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting leaves to the truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mckell68, Jul 22, 2003.

1. mckell68

mckell68 LawnSite Member

Leaf time is coming up and wanted to get ideas on the methods lco's use to get leaves from the back of the property to the street where the truck is. With 95%of my accounts, I can't get the truck close enough to vac or blow the leaves closer to the truck. Tarpping seems to be a hassle and a back breaker.

Thanks for Your input----Mike
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

tarping to this day is the best thing going for us, or just having them in the bagger and unload the bagger into the leaf truck
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have 6 Trac Vac collection systems that we use. You might want to check out their website. They make a vac system for virtually every type of mower (Z, WB, outfront models, etc.).
  4. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

We create big piles with the blowers and rakes, then lay a 8' X 11' tarp next to the pile, load and haul to the truck.
  5. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

"Tarping it" has cut my time WAY down. Sometime the simplest idea can be such a breakthrough!
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would have to agree. The other thing that saved us time, and also storage space on our leave trailer, was we mulched down the leaves first, and then through on the baggers and bagged them.
  7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Oh no, way too early to be talking about leaf season, man, I dont like leaf season, I love the growing season. Dont say the "L" word for awhile.:(
  9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

JRCO leaf plow!!!

10. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

We've been doing the old tarp method as well. We picked up a tarp at Menard's that has a drawstring build in. It works great. I think it was like $5.00. Well worth it.

We're getting the big bagger system for our ZTR before fall so we'll suck up as much as we can and tarp the rest.

In our area, we have always had curb-side leaf pick-up. The aren't doing it this year, so I expect a LOT of leaf work.
    :D $$$:D