Getting liscensed in Kansas

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by packerbacker, May 1, 2005.

1. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

ive been all over some websites for the state but I cant find any info on fert/herbicide certification. Anyone point me in the right direction. I just lost a customer due to the fact I dont do chemicals so Im interested in getting started. Thanks.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

3. packerbacker

I saw that earlier but all i see is pesticide certification. Nothing about fertlizing.

4. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I can tell Jodi gave you the correct site. This is same as what Jodi gave you but is the PESTICIDE USE page. There is a phone number you can call them to ask questions. If Kansas it is like other states you will need to also get liability insurance to cover you if you kill a lawn with chemicals then the customer can sue you and collect from you insurance company.

http://www.accesskansas.org/kda/Pest&Fert/pest-pesticideuse.htm

6. packerbacker

Thanks for the help people. Ill check them out.

7. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Packer try Kansas Department of Agriculture @ 785-296-9786 they can send you all the info you need about core and 3a- 3b. Give me a call if you need any info I do quite a bit of spraying on the Kansas side. 816-350-0886 Trent Roberts.

8. packerbacker

Thanks, i might give you a buzz this week when I slow down towards the end of the week.

9. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey packerbacker, keep in mind that this is a fairly long process to get certified and licensed. The exams are only given on select dated through out the year. Its taked a minimum of 4-6 weeks to be processed and then you have insurance to deal with. Good luck there, you mention pesticide insurance and watch the companies run. Figure 2-4 weeks on insurance. This is how it works in MO. I'm pretty sure KS. is the same since the license allows you to cross the state lines (KS, MO, NE).

10. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

The pesticide license you recieve in the state of Kansas will resiprocate in the state of Missouri , but you do have to apply to Missouri dept of ag. and pay a fee. In the state of Kansas for an out of state company it is $150.00 + a fee per applicator. As far as insurance goes Farmers was able to insure me quite quickly a couple of days or so. The test is only offered at certain times locally but I believe you can go to Topeka and take it at different times.