1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting Lisenced

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SellOut, Jul 8, 2005.

1. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

I used the search feature, and could not find anything.

I cringe at asking this, because some people will probably bite my head off, but--

What are the steps I should take to obtain a business lisence? I don't want to be no scrub.

Someone told me all you have to do is pay some money and fill out a form, another told me it's a lot more than that.

Also, if I'm just doing yard maitnence with a 21" push mower, trimmer, and a blower, can I work out of my house? Some say they don't allow that.. or something..

All of you are complaining about scrubs, so help me not be one. :help: :help: :help:
  2. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

I looked it up online, with little results.

Does this mean if I'm not making $12,000 a year, I don't need to pay taxes? I'm so confused. :(
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi SellOut,

First off, what county and state do you live in. That information can be used to pinpoint where you would register your business name.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Learn How to Make your own Logo. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>
  4. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Washington, USA.
  5. saveonlawn

saveonlawn LawnSite Member

If your city is anything like mine, all you need to do is contact the city that you live in and ask for a packet to obtain your business license. They will include everything you need to know, from taxation to home permits... ect...

You can also go online and print the forms yourself.... Hope this helps!
  6. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Oh, thanks!! :) I'll do that!
  7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

For your company because you will need it.