Getting lot sizes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowHouston, Feb 4, 2008.

1. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Awhile back I read a post on here about some website that you can go to, enter the address of a residential home and find the lot size.

Anyone happen to have that website handy?

2. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

i did not feel like looking through my post but you can. i might have started the thread that got that responce. one person said he uses a range finder good luck

3. MowHouston

Trust me, I already did that for a good while. There's too many possibilites of the phrase being said in a different way, I couldn't find it and half the time the search pulled up irrelevant crap.

I know people use it, I saw a screenshot of it the other day but dont remember the thread.

So I'm better off waiting for someone that knows it to answer.

4. Ronniecoleman

Ronniecoleman LawnSite Member

5. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

Or try the County Property Appraisers website. We have a really good one that gives you a aerial picture and a area tool that allows you to measure square footage. I just used that to measure a condo property for a bid, then went out and double checked just to see how close I got.... I was off by 3100 s/f of turf, but that was on 67,653 s/f. So not too far off.

6. MowHouston

That was it. I meant to put in that I knew it started with a Z. Thanks!

7. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

I USED GOOGLE EATH A COUPLE DAYS AGO to price a church compound and it took every bit of 8 minutes to measure 10 sections totaling 73,647 sqft. that was sweet when i did it last season i walked all over and i balled sections and told them 350.00 is that way off they seemed like i asked for a limb but with all the edging it looked like a 3hour job to me any thoughts anyone