Getting mexicans in the USA already legal

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lawnworks, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

How do I get Mexicans already in the USA legal? How much money is it? What is the best way? Where can I find info?

2. Treeslayer

Treeslayer LawnSite Member

You should try the term "latinos" or South americans. Mexicans are a very small percentage here in VA, and the latinos resent that stereotyping. I'm sure its the same all over.

Most latino communities have their own network of english speaking guys who act as jobfinders. find somewhere like a convinience store where they hang out waiting for work in the morning and start asking around.

Good luck on finding true legal help, fake green cards are big business. ( try stealing them from the biggest company you can find).

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

FWIW, the guy's that are the real workers in my state are the Ecuadorians. They seem to be harder workers..........

4. Lawnworks

from usa

Well guys that was a big help:rolleyes: Political correctness makes me sick, but I just need some info on getting a MEXICAN legal.

5. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Contact an immigration attorney. Usually there are some located near your INS office (which I think is getting a new name). You will find out how to sponsor this individual and what procedures you have to go through. If you can't find one, PM me.

6. Lawnworks

from usa

Ok thanks Lanelle I will try to find one in the phone book tomorrow.

7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search on google for H2b workers, you'll find plenty of information

8. hickory

hickory LawnSite Member

9. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Treeslayer said:

"Most latino communities have their own network of english speaking guys who act as jobfinders. find somewhere like a convinience store where they hang out waiting for work in the morning and start asking around."

That's the way it is here.
    And they have a strong reputation for being the best labor pool available!

They are very well employed by the overwhelming majority of landscapers and nursuries around here.

At least, that's how it looks and sounds to me...for whatever that's worth...

How are "legal employment practitioners" competing???
    Especially those looking for only ONE helper!

Until I figure it out, I'll remain solo....

I'm simply too damned chicken (/moral?) to follow the
    "Status Quo"...

But it is attractive...