Getting More Accounts For 07

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cks dad, Feb 10, 2007.

1. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

Just would like to know what everyone outthere thinks is a good way to get more mowing accounts.Right now i have 10 accounts but would like to get as many as 30 for this year.Have had success in putting a ad in the paper.Thinking of making up flyers with bussiness cards and passing them out to nice areas around town.Any help would be appreciated.
  2. casco73

casco73 LawnSite Member

From 12 years experience flyering does a great job getting your info. out
  3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Advertise in your local newspaper is what has worked the best for me
  4. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

im going to try 1000 flyers this year. i will hope to get 10-20 off of those...ive been in the paper the past three years and its worked pretty well.
  5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Advertising in your local papers, getting your current clients to refer you to their friends and family, and just getting out there, shaking hands and meeting as many people as you can with the goal of letting them know what you do are all great ways to get new clients.
  6. mountianview

mountianview LawnSite Member

starting to put flyers in laundry mats,stores town hall etc etc offering heirloom tomato plants one free with estimate on my door hangers that I will pick the houses for .on my flyers I offer tomato gardens ?? $ 20 first time mow under 20,000 sq ft spring or fall clean up with one yr service agreements not low balling just trying to get them biting before I set the hook.
  7. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! Look at your pricing again. Those are all big losses to have to overcome. You will have to oversell other items to make it up. Don't sell yourself short. People don't mind paying for a service that is excellant. They will care if down the line they end up feeling like they were duped!

We put out 3000 flyers in targeted areas once in the fall, spring and mid summer. We also, run an add in the local paper and have a business card add in the yellow pages in 3 differant sections. This has worked well for us. The timing of the flyers goes like this. Fall cleanups, spring cleanups and mid summer is for the customers that are just abandoned. We pick a lot of those up about mid July. The low ballers decide $20 a yard just ain't worth it! Also, take time to build relationships with your clients. That pays the most dividends! And oh yeah, don't ever give up!
  8. mountianview

mountianview LawnSite Member

Your right somtimes I think giving a little up front will get me hooked up quicker I havnt gotten the door hangers printed yet so Im not commited to that$20 first time mow ? thats why I throw the ideas out there so I can get feedback thanks Ill rethink my promotions some !
  9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

People that go to laundry mats have money for lawn service? lol... they don't even own a washer and dryer. Laundry mats are a good place to find some amigos to work though!
  10. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

man, for the price of using the laundrymat, you could buy a hell of a nice washer! I washed 4 loads the other month when my washer broke, and all and all it cost me 26 bucks! SICK!-MF