getting more acounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lee's lawn service, Mar 23, 2005.

1. lee's lawn service

lee's lawn service LawnSite Member

im trying to find the best way to get more acounts i would like to get about 40 more im trying to build back up

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

go check out the business section on here, you will find some good info there

3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

You could always Lowball. LOL...Sorry, I had to..............

4. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Send out 20,000 postcards.

5. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I'm hoping to the same this year, hopefully 20-30 new accts. The past week I've been putting up door-hangers, I've got probobly 800 out so far. I'm planing on getting 5,000 out. I I've only had one call, but the weather here is still on the winter-side :angry: . Hopefully we can get started by 15th payup . Good luck!

6. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I think #1 is having a well marked company truck with your number on it so when you are doing work in a area, the neighbors will see it and call. We get a lot of those type of calls, and second, when I want to drum up extra business I put a business card size ad with my logo etc in the misc. section of the classifieds, since this is the most read section of the classifieds apparently.

7. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on the size of your current custoemr base refferal bucks work great. You give a certain dollar amount off to exisiting customers (1time) who get you new business.

8. Grass Gator

Grass Gator LawnSite Member

Pray........................then send out 20,000 postcards

9. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

Your right about your truck! Last year I had a real small magnet, and by the end of the season it looked like junk. I just got vinyl lettering on my truck. It's a lot bigger and it looks more professional. I've already had a couple calls from it. It only cost about $100 too.