Getting More Customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Jul 26, 2003.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

For next year, how should I go about getting more customers?
    Should I just go door to door in the neighborhood that I want to mow? Or should I advertise in the paper/phone book/etc?
    I've found that all of the people around here that get my name from the paper are price shoppers and go with the cheapest. I'm thinking about just going after the yards I want to do so next year will be more enjoyable. This year I was stuck doing a lot of crappy lawns. To me it's not worth it doing those sucky lawns. I would rather target the lawns I want to do and hope I get them. What does everyone else think? Or have you been in a similar situation?

Thanks!

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Why not try making the accounts you have into the ones you want to do.

Market yourself to what you have. Sell services.

Have to sell yourself trying to get new customers. Why not try selling it to people that you already have a business relationship with?

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have always thought of it in this way, if you want to sell to higher class clients you have to think the way they think. They really don't care about price, they care about quality & friendly service, professionalism, and trained people on their property.

4. Go Door to Door around the areas that you already have customers at.

Say
    "Hi my name _____ I mow the lawn 3 doors down you may have seen my quality work in the past. I was wondering would you be interested in my services for the upcomming season?"

Be prepared for the door to close in the middle of that. And always leave a business card behind just in case they change there mind