getting new accounts from a big lawn care company???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike9497, May 21, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

well in the past two weeks i got a total of 18 calls for lawn service.all 18 had the same big company R&R Lawn Care.from what i've been told.they hired some new guys at the company and they use bad language in front of kids,they dress like bums,and make a mess and don't clean up when there done.its just funny how i lost old customers to this company.my old customers thought R&R was better because its a big name company and they have a bigger crew than me.i guess now being smaller is better.its a shame that the owner is letting his biz go down hill like this.i hope he doesn't catch on until the end of the season lol lol.anyone else ever get new accounts that once used a giant company before.

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike,

I see some really bad work being done by these large companies here. I guess they have so much work they just dont care. Or cant, or wont hire people to run behind the crews (which is pitiful) to double check their workmanship.

I will stay small to make sure I can and will continue to give the customer service that these others guys will never be able to give.

Glad you are getting more, especially from these large jokers! :cool:

3. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Same message heard here.....ALOT

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

we have a huge company here, and last year I received about 10 of their past customers because they couldn't complete work or didn't do work until a month later, well this LCO had the nerve to accuse me of "stealing" her customers. I didn't contact these people, they contacted me.

I look at it this way, if you are going to get big, make sure to retain the quality and personal attention over time.

5. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have mostly gotten jobs because I was dependable and the other company wasn't. One customer pays $20.00 more just because we are dependable. We also have received 9 accounts this year because another company could not handle all that he was doing so he gave them to us. There is a company that has 3 accounts in a plan where we work and they do a sloppy job but the customers don't seem to mind. If I did a sloppy job I would be fired.

6. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

alot of the biger companies in our area do pretty good work but i still manage to pick up a few here and there