1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting New Customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrmowjoe, May 13, 2008.

1. mrmowjoe

mrmowjoe LawnSite Member

Hi all,

I currently just have a small 1" by 1" add in my local phone book, and another small listing in the local paper, (along with 20 others) wanted to get others opinion on best advertising for the buck. (besides word of mouth) also, is a bigger add better? Does it bring more bussiness, phone calls? Seems like the bigger companys get all the commercial mowing as well, how does a smaller operation get some new/commercial customers? Thanks! joe
  2. To answer the first part...NO. I've had a 3" block ad for 2 months and havn't got one call!
    I think it makes me sound too pricy or something.
    A simple ad would have been better.

As for the second question; Companies don't read advertising. You have to show up in person. Leave a flier or whatever. then go back again and again. Make then hire you just to get you out of their lobby.
  3. Tq23

Tq23 LawnSite Member

If you are looking for residential customers, a good idea is to contact Trugreen, Spring green, or any large chemical application company and let them know you would be interested in any referrals. These places receive numerous calls from customers wanting their lawns maintained.