Getting new customers??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mo Green, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

How about some input from you lawn care journeymen. What have you found to be the best way to attract new customers, other than word of mouth?

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Do anything and everything moral to get more customers. It is far better but be turning work away then wondering how you are going to pay the bills. Some the more popular methods are ads in the local newspaper, ads in the phone book, ads in the local gas stations, door hangers and direct mailing just to name a few.

Gravely_Man

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Mo Green,

Quite often you will see handing out flyers to different households is a great way to promote your business. Here are some free flyer design templates that might help you with ideas.

4. steve122

steve122 LawnSite Member

The best method I've ever found in 8 years is to read the legal notices in your local paper religiously every day. About 2 times a year you'll see someone advertising for bids for mowing, either a cemetery, school district, low income housing project or city. I haven't advertised for work in 7 years.

5. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

i put an ad in newspaper and that what bring me alot of customrs in my busniess today ..i've put alot of flyer out and i got maybe two customer and i put out like 300 flyer out but it work in some state but not here in louisiana ,,but i kinda started to late this year but i'm happy what i got now ..Thanks guys ,,,,,,,Good Luck ,,,, payup payup

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Once you get a new customer offer that customer a referral fee for passing your name on to there friends and family.