Getting new toy today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMonster, Sep 24, 2004.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Well, I waffled and thought about and struggled with the decision, but I finally bit the bullet on a new mower.

I'll be taking delivery on a new John Deere Quik Trac Stander today. 23hp/54" deck. It will replace my 60" fixed deck hydro Bob-cat. I think I got a pretty good deal at $6,050. I figure I was better off buying at this price than to take the price increase hit in the spring.

For you Wright boys, I went with J.D. because of GREAT (KOW) and local dealer support. I also like the easily adjustable deck height.

Yes, I demo'd it too. :)

2. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

Let me be the first to say congrads on the purchase. :drinkup:

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

you "waffled"?

and changing the avatar won't help them..

4. GreenMonster

from NH

Yeah, waffled. Went back and forth, couldn't decided -- waffled.

No, avatar won't help -- I know that. I wish there was something that could help them with the friggin' Orioles, though. :rolleyes:

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

and changing the avatar won't help them..[/QUOTE]

Ouch

6. GreenMonster

from NH

1975, 1978, 1986, 2003

Sh!t, that's nothing.

7. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

good idea on the pricing going up mark....hope you enjoy the machine. I bought the Cyclone Rake today with every accessory and commercial upgrade available $2,400 in all. Can't wait to use it this fall, leaves will finally be tolerable! I am going door to door in the neighborhoods I already do a lot in and offering cleanups now like $200 a house or something. get a couple friends together and do that for a couple weekends and she'll be paid for

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Well, chevyman as you know I don't agree with you on most of your price stuff, but.... I am interested to hear your review of the Cyclone Rake after you've had a chance to use it.

Maybe some pics of it in action, like before, during and after pics.

I've given a lot of thought about getting one, but I'm just not sure my lawns are big enough to justify it.

9. GreenMonster

from NH

As you probably guessed, I don't have any friends.

Hey! I finally convinced myself to make the plunge and get this new machine, and you're stealing my thunder over some glorified rake?!?! :nono:

Me and chevyman have had our differences too. It was probably a planned plot on his part.

:D

10. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd be more than happy to let you and everyone know how it works with some pics. Have a great weekend