Getting new truck tomorrow!! Finally

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by qualitylandscaping, Aug 5, 2004.

1. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Finally got the dough together to buy a new truck. With all of the bad luck I've had this year, at least something good is coming out of it!:cool:

2004 Ford F-350 XL 4x4
    5.4 V-8 Automatic
    Reg Cab/ Long Bed
    Exterior: Silver Metallic Interior: Medium Flint cloth

Factory Options:

3.73 Limited Slip
    Towing Package
    Plow Package
    Cab Steps
    TT Towing Mirrors
    A/C
    FX4 package

My "Add" Ons:

bug deflector
    window visors
    20% window tint
    custom vinyl lettering
    John Deere Floormats:D
    Pioneer CD player and speakers

Also getting a plow for it:

2004 8 1/2' Western V- Plow

Will post pictures when I get it home tomorrow.. Plow won't be here until early September, but I will post pictures once its mounted..

2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a nice rig, but you'll be sorry you didn't go with a PSD. I know its some extra change but trust me once you get a diesel, you'll beat yourself up over not getting one sooner. Good luck with the new rig.

Jeff

3. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, congratulations.

I purchased the bestest truck I've ever used a coupla yrs back.

A 2002 F250 deisel

I love Ford trucks, and I seriously love diesels now. Didn't really need a 4x4, it woulda been nice to sit higher than everyone else on the road tho. I wish you'd gotten the diesel as well...your spending that kinda money, get the best...you might be a little underpowered with that 5.4. Still, Fords are great trucks.

Congrats...and welcome to the land of serious truck payments :)

4. qualitylandscaping

Truck Payments!!! hahah I wish.. I'm only 17 and can't get a loan.. Paying for the entire thing cash money:cool: Thats how us high rollers do it:blob2: lol

Would go with the PSD if I could dig up another $5grand cash.. I'm going to be getting another new 350 in a few months for another plow truck, so I think that one will go 1/2 cash, 1/2 Ford financing and I'll get the PSD. But I can't do it right now, trying to save for a house:)

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

congrats on the truck. Hope it works out good

6. hartslawnmain

hartslawnmain LawnSite Member

Put the amount you're paying on the "gas powered" as a down payment and finance the other 5K. I'm sure they'll do that and if not, just go to your bank and ask for a personal loan with the truck as collateral.

7. qualitylandscaping

Nobody will write a loan for me until I'm 18.. Already tried what you just said, and it didn't work.. I got approved for $600.00

8. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

Who the hell has enough cash to buy a brand new F350 4x4 at age 17!?#!??

Man, I'm seriously depressed here.

9. DALMlawn&landscaping

DALMlawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TX

i remember when i was 17, i paid cash for a truck... even though it was a '91 f-150 and i paid 2500 cash... wow i'm depressed, i guess i'll go make sure my doors aren't falling off yet...:eek:

10. DALMlawn&landscaping

DALMlawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TX

oh yeah, and if you're paying cash kid, tell the dealer that you will be and get him to drop the price a few grand more, and upgrade to a PSD(or if your leaning that far towards the 5.4, get the v-10), drop the Fx4 package, trucks with a smooth ride? WTF is that, and bam, you got a better truck, even try to squeeze in the XLT package, for just a bit more. if that dont work, tell your grandpa that you need a 3K loan.

if all else fails, tell the dealer that you will finance for 72mo. and you need the lowest price possible, get it in writing with out signing anything, say, wow, that price is cheap, are you sure i can get it for that, and then change you mind last second and pay for it all with cash.

come on young'n scam the scammers