getting off of the ground!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A to Z lawn care, Mar 25, 2008.

1. A to Z lawn care

A to Z lawn care LawnSite Member

hey guys im new to the site and im just looking for a couple of tips to get my buisness off of the ground. im only 13 years old but i have all the equipment i need, mowers weed wackers edgers blowers and everything you can think of. ive bee saving up for a while to get to this point but im finally here and ready to get into the industry! my uncle owns a tree company and has given me many tips and ive done everything he has said. so far i have passed out 600 flyers and im not done yet! any advice owuld be great, thanks alot,

Danny ( A to Z Lawn Care)

2. Harshman

Harshman LawnSite Member

It really sounds like you are on the right track already. Here are a couple of tips.

Never - absolutely never - stop advertising.
    Give the customer a minimum of 125% of what they expect.
    Don't give up.

3. A to Z lawn care

A to Z lawn care LawnSite Member

thanks alot i always work my hardest and do my best all the time i have about 15 peoples that im doing per week well not yet but this spring i will be and hopefully i can boost up to about double that!its really nice being my age and having $350 a week i just keep buying new equipment

4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

$350.00 a week for 15 customers is $23.00 a cut. STOP LOWBALLING

5. LawnNc

LawnNc LawnSite Senior Member

Hey as long as he does a good job, clears enough profit and is happy with working for almost nothing ain't nothing wrong with it! Wish all 13 y/olds had that kind of work ethic, sense and enjoyment towards life.

6. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

True, but if you lived in his area, Thats 15 customers your guaranteed not to have.

7. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

Preach on brother, preach on. :clapping:

8. lsu03

lsu03 LawnSite Senior Member

they might be small yards...;)

9. nickslawn

nickslawn LawnSite Member

thats the price of doing business. I would not like it, but he could easily be home playing on game consoles instead of out in nature and trying to make a buck. I was mowing when I was 12 yrs old. Good luck Danny

10. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Give the kid some credit. He could be out stealing your equipment or selling drugs