Getting paid

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnBoy89, Apr 26, 2005.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

How do most of you guys get paid? Check? How often? Montly, weekly, annualy? Also, do you guys leave invoices in the mailbox and then when you come back next you pick up what is due? How do you work it? Thanks...

2. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I leave monthly invoices in the door. They have 10 days to get it to me. Checks, money orders, or cash in hand. payup

3. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I get paid monthly in advance with no invoices. 61 customers too.

4. Hannah Lawn Service

Hannah Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from Jax. Fl

I like to be paid each time I cut. cash/ check under the mat or handed to me. This way I dont have to track either prepaid or past due accounts....mostly.

5. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I bill monthly. for me it is easier to stick a stamp on the envolope and put it in the mailbox. I have 122 bills I make out each month. I print the envolopes out on a printer for the whole season so all I have to do is stick a stamp on it insert bill and stuff all 122 envolope in the mailbox.

and by law they have 30 days(I think??) to get it to me. if it gets to 2 months I take it to small claims court. But I always have been paid on time and never had to take anyone to court.

6. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Print statements the last day of each month...stuff envelopes for 2 plus hours....and wait a few days for the $$ to come in.
    All customers are net 30 days.

7. Blk94fiveOh

Blk94fiveOh LawnSite Member
    from MN

My new billing method as of this year;

With clean-ups, and all other non-mowing jobs (trimming, mulch, etc), I print up an invoice in my truck when we have completed the job with my laptop. With mowing I'm going to split the billing into 2 cycles per month 1/2 of my customers will get a bill on the 1st the second 1/2 on the 15th.

8. LawnRangerofColumbus

LawnRangerofColumbus LawnSite Member

I bill monthly and do charge late fees if not paid within 14 day period.

9. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I mail a bill monthly. They mail a check monthly.

10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

about 80% of our customers pay us via AutoPay. It comes right out of their checking accounts and gets deposited into our checking account on the same day each month. The rest, we send out invoices once a month.

For all one-time jobs (e.g. clean-ups, installs, etc.) we get paid as soon as work is completed - no exceptions.