Getting Paid!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by realtree27, Feb 23, 2006.

1. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

What kind of payment system do you guys use for your customers? Do they mail a check to you or leave it on the door step or do you go and collect every month, week? Thanks for the help!
  2. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

works for me
  3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I bill once a month. It is easier for me to keep track of what is owed and what is paid. Also what is stopping the customer from saying that they had the payment there for you and it was gone. So they thought you got it.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We bill first of every month,we do have 1 customer that leaves a check under a statue on the front of her property,and we mow some commercial properties pay per cut.
  5. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

All my invoices are printed out on the last day of the month and mailed the very next day. I have some customers that I just email at the tsame time i do the rest of my invoices.
  6. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Makes sense to bill twice a month. Once on the first, and once mid month. That way you've always got a steady income for the company and payroll.
  7. BH Mowing

BH Mowing LawnSite Member
    from SD

8. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

We bill once a month, but if they want to pay after the service we don't stop them.
  9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

We bill once per month on most accounts. We bill out around the 15th and payment is due by the first of the month for that months services. We have a ouple clients who prefer to pay in cash and we find that to be a great form of payment. We also have a few people who insist on paying us per cut and they are remarkably always at home when we show up.
  10. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i like to bill every two weeks, but if a client had a reasonable alternative, i would consider it.