Getting Paid

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Fwilamosky, Oct 23, 2012.

1. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Drop them.
    At the start of this season a commercial account would pay by the 11th. Then each month a little later. Till it was the last day of service for Sept. I invoiced them for Sept on 9/26 and at the same time included a copy of Aug's invoice with past due written on it. 9/27 I got the check for August.

Now next week will be the last service for Oct and they have not paid for Sept yet. Yes Invoices are dated due two weeks from sending them out.

At this point I am thinking of dropping them before they get me for a bigger loss. I started with snow removal with them last winter. What good is charging them $200 to dig them out when they don't pay you.

2. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I always have a number of slow paying customers. When I have time, I call them and then followup with a statement. My invoices have a late payment fee on them, but I haven't used it yet. When they are close to 60 days behind, I suspend mowing. Usually that will result in a check in the mail and a phone call a day later asking when I can mow.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Chiliheads lawn mowing, collection services and theft recovery, LLC.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I've sent a couple certified letters demanding payment or it will be taken to small claims court... they both paid up shortly after and I didn't have to do hardly a thing!

5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

He didn't pay. Said he wouldn't pay. I told him that's fine, he probably wasn't going to pay regardless. He said he had pictures and considered it destruction of property. Told him to kiss my @$$ and laughed at him. I needed another good place to dump leaves on this fall......

6. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Well after I posted this today, the check came in the mail today.

7. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Veni, vidi, vici, man!:laugh:

8. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Have a property that owes me 1000$ commercial lot. Went down to the courthouse showed them the invoice and documentation of the contract dnd got a lein taken on the property. Received payment three days later.

9. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I have a couple late payers here and there. We maintain a property that pays $3k monthly.........they are backed up 3 months. I just see it as a piggy bank for the winter. For some reason they like to pay every 3 months.
    Posted via Mobile Device