1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Getting pavers to the back yard

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by alldayrj, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

3 days. That's if they show up on day 2 and 3.

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I doubt all 3 of them will make it till the end. That's like 5 triaxles full of fill. I would call in sick myself.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Oh sorry if I didn't reply, one of them is a cormidi 800 and the other is called a dumpy 800. Bought this one in 04, put a new motor and tracks on it, a bit of hydraulic work around 5 yrs back. Its a back and time saver for the tight access jobs.

gehl vs kubota 001.jpg

4. zedosix

This goes back to 07' I was demoing a 353 but bought the Kubota instead. I still have the gehl skid steer, but its just for shop duty

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Your guys must all be soft! We did 20 the other day by lunch with two wheelers and i was loading with the mini ex.

Zedo, you put a skid on the dumpy or on the cormidi also?
    Incredibly enough cormidi has a dealer 5 mins from me
    http://www.malveseequipment.com/cormidi1.htm
    I will call them tomorrow and see if they actually have any inventory and try to get a rental or better yet free demo

6. zedosix

I put about 5, or 6 layers on a pallet on top, while carrying the other 4 layers inside. You have a dealer 5 mins from you, man.... get your ass down there and try one out, you're going to buy it when you're done, cause your guys will quit if you bring it back to the dealer.

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

We would have used a conveyor system, which only works with gravel.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Too slow. And requires a machine both to load and spread

It was in Bethesda
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Its not that slow, on a diesel powered truck. They wouldn't have a fleet of these trucks if they weren't beneficial. It saves from having to haul in 6 day laborers and then have to worry if they'll even work the next day. Gotta think outside the box. The pitfall is Bethesda has alotta narrow streets.

10. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Those are shooter trucks. Sorry I thought you meant actual conveyor system. You can rent conveyor sections from sunbelt to move material.

I had no access to get a truck close enough to have it shot back. Fence went all the way to street along driveway
    Posted via Mobile Device