Getting people to view my Website!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ZaK18, Feb 21, 2005.

1. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

I will be sending out postcards in a few weeks. Instead of listing my services, I want to direct them to my site. I was thinking along the lines of a greeting card, or.....Visit us online to find some incredible deals

Any suggestions?

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I would also list services on the card (keep it brief) and say something like a full list of services at www., or to learn more about our comapny visit, or more details at www.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

absolutely list your main services AND direct them to your site. if you don't you are adding one more step to qualifying that lead and will likely missing out on potentials. people prefer immediacy, which you are removing from the equation.

marko offered great advice. an addition to his thought would be to point people to a gallery of your work.

4. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

We to have the same problem.

We are currently in 17 different phonebooks, website is in all of them.

So what we did is put the www.kandklandscaping.com website RIGHT in the ad...... If you have a Johnstown, PA phonebook you can see our ad in there. Also Somerset, PA. Those are our two biggest ad's.

We mail out postcards.... you can buy a pack of 200 or so at walmart for $7.84.... we mail out 5000 of these in the spring, 2500 in the mid summer and 1000 in the winter. Spread out the advertising as much as you can!!!!

.23 is ALOT better then .37 and people look more at a postcard then opening a letter. I believe out of all of our postcards, we get about 100 new customers....

Mail marketing is the worst, but we got ALOT of $1,000-$50,000 jobs out of them!!!

Brandon
    www.Kandklandscaping.com

5. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

Nice site!
    I like the idea of listing the services and then...For more details www.

I wonder if Cliff-Hanger type advertising would work

Why should you choose us over other LCO?

Do you want to start enjoying your weekends?

Any more suggestions?

6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

You gotta offer a special .
    I offer 40% off the initial and a free month if they agree to a year of service .
    I print 2,000 post cards for $10.00 on my printer at home .
    Post cards are the best wat to get mpore business

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi ZaK18,

Maybe create two postcards. Have one with the cliffhanger and a coupon and the other with a non cliffhanger and a coupon. Then track which gave you the best results by tracking the different coupons. Which ever worked better. Use that one again in the future.