Getting pulled over a lot more this year?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RLLServicesCT, Jul 5, 2011.

1. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Why do the binders need to hang on the front bumper.

2. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Chains and binders look unsafe. Otherwise, that truck would never be pulled over in VA.

3. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I did read the post before I said anything. In fact, what I said was based on what I read. You said the truck was "heavily modified", which paints a picture of a huge lift, monster exhaust and other mods that would draw negative attention. Now that I've seen a picture (same as 1000 words) I see that while your truck has some functional mods but nothing extreme. Can't say why you are getting pulled over, but there is obviously something about the truck or the way it is driven that attracts their attention. Maybe a polite, non-confrontational meeting with the police chief will shed some light on it.

4. RLLServicesCT

RLLServicesCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

That's my personal truck, it's not modified much. I don't know who pulled that pic out!? Haha that's not it. No worries, I am usually defensive when I answer these posts because it's when I have a minute in the truck to look at my phone :)

Just an update though, I added my many union stickers and blue stripe emblem and what a difference!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry about that......Do you have any pics of the truck in question?

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Let me get this straight, didn't you modify your truck so you'd get more attention?
    So help me understand, what's the problem?
    Your getting pulled over is just the police paying you attention.
    See, they like your truck, too!
    What you wanted, isn't it?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

You need to get it out of your head that you do not need to decorate your truck like a Christmas tree with bumper stickers.

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i think i saw that truck driving through berlin yesterday evening...do you do a lot of work around there?

9. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

state needs money, there doing the same here no reason needed to pull over other than to do a safety inspection and weigh you. They have a state squad and IDOT inspection van follow each other and drive around until they find someone they think they can make some $$ on.

First got my L's I had a nice clean caddy, with some chrome wheels, pulled over every single day, I could be sittin still and get pulled over for improper lane usage or my plate couldn't be read lol took wheels off........ didnt get stopped put them back on and it started again same day!

had my rear tail light cover broke by a cops mag light, he pulled me over because it was broke.

10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

The police have not been bothering me at all. Haven't had any issues at all other then a deserved speeding ticket in I dont know how long. I have a lot of accounts in the snobbiest part of town in my area where the cops are well known by everyone to have nothing better to do than pull over anyone and everyone they can in order to keep the town as bland as possible. Sorry to hear about your issues.

OK man on edit I just saw some pictures of your truck and trailer and that thing is a MESS! Im not surprised you are getting pulled over. Clean it up.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011