Getting ready for Fall Cleanups

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ryan41, Sep 15, 2013.

1. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Gravely 260 back in spring. I am getting ready to start fall cleanups in the next few weeks. I just bought the X-Treme Flow Bagger unit that cost $2,500 after taxes... I would like to make my money back this year so i can stash money away for winter & not have a lot of bills. I am kind of wondering how you guys charge for the cleanup or just bagging lawns in general. I thought for cleanups i would charge by the hour & also charge if they want debris hauled off property. Just would like to hear what other contractors do.

Thanks!
    -Ryan

2. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

$85/man hour plus dump fee. Estimate how long it will take and give a price. I never tell a customer an hourly rate or say I'll work by the hour. 1 price and done.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

2 men on a 8 hr. Clean up with a 125 disposal fee and a 1,485 total bill whether you disclose a labor rate or not still sends most into sticker shock
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Some get sticker shock no matter what kind of job it is. There's no shortage of leaves or cleanup work in the northeast.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys! i have a few clients that want there lawns bagged before the fall cleanup. What do you think i should charge extra for that? like $30.00 if i can dump the clipping on there land.