Getting ready for the season!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Classified, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I know its still a little early but im starting to get excited.

So here I am getting ready for the start of my season buying all the things i need to get ready.

So far Ive gotten one of these

Im really excited to start using it. I ordered the 15 gallon tank for the mowers and if I like it im getting the 10 gallon for mix fuel

Bought some orange cones

Have new trailer tires waiting to go on

2 new vents that are going on the trailer

all new latches to go onto the trailer

2 new prolockers to keep my mowers from moving

Looking for another truck to buy

my new marketing material has already been shipped

have my applicators lic traing and cert on the 27-28 (please please please no snow those 2 days, PLEASE!:nono:)

tring to get setup to have 120 yards of mulch delivered (in early-mid march)

Its kind of exciting, lol.

How about you guys?

getting ready for the season yet?

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

Where did you get the Tank from?
  3. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

it was only $100 plus $15 for shipping.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I want want one of those tanks this year. I'm doing the same as you are..finding stuff to do, to keep myself busy. The next warm day I'm going to do all my spark plugs, fuel filters, air filters, oil, small repairs, grease, and a good clean out of the trailer. Stuff that annoys me during the season, I'm so excited to do in the winter, right before the season
  5. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

Hopefully getting a new truck to start the season
  6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

yeah, we are building and modifying shelves for the enclosed trailer and the same for the back of our trucks with open trailers(the truck use campershells) to organized tools and other things like blowers and string and gas cans etc. this is fun when not having to mow and stuff. mowers and equipment have been done since we have a heatedshop. cheers to a great 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

For those interested they have the same tank at Home Depot.
  8. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I work at Depot part time and we don't have it
  9. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

:clapping:Yea, we're starting to get ready. Trying to get our walk behind in shape for the season. It has a hydro pump leak we're going to try to seal. Probably going to buy a power chute design ocdc for our 60" ztr. We fabbed one up for our walk behind - saved a lot of money, and seems as if it is going to work great. We're looking for a 14' or 16' trailer to haul our equipment - we've expanded so we can't use our 4' by 8' anymore for everything! Just bought a trimmer rack on ebay. Lord willing, we'll be ready! We start around the 1st of April.:clapping: