Getting ready to install some silt fence.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Construct'O, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Since things are still muddy here,been working on getting equipment ready so when ever it drys it will be ready,or hopefully it will be:confused:

The silt fence attachment is set up with a vibatory plow box to help when pulling the blade wthrough the ground.Right now with it muddy,really dont need it.

I did take it out in the gravel road and test it .Didn't have a problem plowing the trench in it.

It is suppose to able to, to be used to lay irrigation pipe and telephone cable ,like in a yard.It has different setting for how deep you want to install stuff.:usflag:

Silt Fence Installer 005.jpg

Silt Fence Installer 002.jpg
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Did you buy it or are you renting it. I have looked at those as well with the vibratory box on it. Mc Cormick wants like 12K for this model that vibrates. I don't think one without would work here in this rock.
  3. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

KSSS I bought(own) them.I have two of them.It was made in Bozemen,MT.

The company since has gone out of business.Yeah these are actually made for the harder and rockier ground.

They aren't cheap PM if you want.

It will swivel back and forth when you turn(have to remove the red bracket to swivel) ,plus also you can move it over to the corners(left or right side) of the plate so if your wanting to get close to objects.
  4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have to buy a special silt fence with a string? I thought they were named Impelmax? or something. They had a demo at the Case dealer, wicked fast but nobody wants to pay for installs.
  5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

very nice!!!!! i like those amber lights on top but i would rip them off real quick in the woods.
  6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I did not know that implimax had gone out of business. How much do you get a foot for install. Do you want to sell of them? Can you get parts or do you need parts?
  7. bobcatuser

bobcatuser LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of jobs sites require silt fences? Around here we only use them around natural streams or rivers/lakes. I have heard some of the cities are planning to pass bylaws requiring silt fences for any earth work permits.
  8. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

You better have a silt fence up if you're doing any kind of earthmoving. Any sediment runoff without erosion control can cause big time fines if anything washes into any waterways. The Clean Water Act has changed everything. Around here different counties have different specifications as far as where it's required and what kind of material you can use. Usually it also depends on lot size too. One county that I work in requires silt fence around the whole perimiter of the lot even on a 1/3 ac. lot. It makes for a lot of fun trying to get into the lot and then grading and cutting swales...:rolleyes:
  9. CHE3TAH

CHE3TAH LawnSite Member

10. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

The city of Surrey has already passed these requirements last year.