getting ready to start a busines

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by emt landscaper, Jul 30, 2005.

1. emt landscaper

emt landscaper LawnSite Member

just wanted t oknow what type of gov. grants for starting a small business in landscape design and installation , what type of software i am looking at the pro landscaper right . do i have t otake a test like contractors do to start my own business or not . the only thing i have a problem with is the start up cost . i already have a truck 03 gmc 1500 z71 and a 04 f250 4x4. and info will be great . thanks from lynchburg virginia

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Here you would have to apply for a contractors lic. for installs and there are different types depending on what you are installing. As for small business grants, as far as I've heard they are difficult to obtain. You have to adhere to tricky guidelines. Typically they will revolve around you hiring people that no one else will for whatever reason. Even the SBA loans are no always easy to get. You must have a sound business plan before they will even look at it. You should have a business plan anyway but they will demand one. For all the effort involved it may be wiser to find an alternative form of financing or go for a more niche market like hydroseeding or a fertilization service where turn time is fairly quick. I highly suggest looking through their worksheets and tutorials on their site. http://www.sba.gov/starting_business/startup/guide.html

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi emt landscaper,

I can't remember seeing anyone on this site who was successful with obtaining an sba loan.

<tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>