1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Getting Rid of a Employee

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by wanabe, Mar 21, 2005.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

I have a question for employers. If you wanted to fire a employee, how would you do it? Tell he/she to there face, lay them off and never call back again, or? As a employee that will not be called back this year, I think it is best just to have a 1 on 1 meeting and get the firing done. It would have been nice 3 months ago to know, would have started job hunting earlier. I will be replaced by 2 illegals this year. Yes, I did work for a scrub, and what an embarrassment. Riding around in $500 trucks with trailers that took 2 hours to build. I was the lead crew man/heavy equipment operator, 2 years at this co. and did 90% of all the mechanic work (with my tools) and was paid 10.50, no vacation, holidays, ins, or retirement. I think it may have been a blessing! Would you contact the employer if you were in my spot, or just let it go and move on?
  2. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Move on - why get more worked up than you already are over a job that didn't treat you right in the first place?
  3. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

Want a tissue? Or how about some cheese with that whine?

Move on and don't think anything else of it.
  4. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Move on. You shouldn't have any problems finding work.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

just move on
  6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Move to Merritt Island FL & give me a call ..... year round work .... comparable pay ....lower cost of living .... bonus, vacation & company truck
  7. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

Sure it would have been nice to have more notice..But if thats the way the guy ran his "company" than surely there was not much job security to begin with...

If you have the knowledge and ability to do mechanical, and have a sense of how to treat people and how to do quality work, you should have no problem getting on with a good company..Have you tried the employment forum on here?

Just like its hard sometimes to find a great employer, its equally (if not more so) difficult to find good employees. Guys are looking, go out there and get them!!