1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of Ajuga

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doc Pete, May 9, 2003.

1. Come on why did you reply to this?

Round Up is a non selective herbicide

He would want a selective herbicide.....Kill only the target plant.

That is what you were saying..

2. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking for a ground cover for a customer three years ago, very steep slope. While looking for a TotalCareSolution, I came across a bad @ss Ivy Runner called Ajuga. If I remember correctly, it was introduced in Europe (or somewhere to control erosion,) I forget why it was brought over to U.S. Again, Im working from vaque recollection (which means I could be making it up), This thing really "runs", the root is deep and may be way down the street, so good luck with chemicals. They tried to stop it with metal sheets into the ground and as containment; Picture if you will a metal prison cell, under ground. Ajuga got out.

It was recommended in the book that I read, also, not to use it and discourage other from using it. They were still dealing with this problem, wherever it was introduced. Probably introduced by a Military Engineer, dealing with erosion issues??

Dont waste your money on Weed B Gone. Do some research. Try the internet.

3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I killed some with Lescos 3 Way. It was a small, 1 ft by 1 ft patch.