1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of bad mix

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Randocammando, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Randocammando

Randocammando LawnSite Member

I tried to mix a 40-1 mix for my weedeater and got it all off messed up. I want to start over cause now i can do it (research)

How do i get rid of it or where can i take it to since it is mixed (burn it)

2. Punton3rdDown

Punton3rdDown LawnSite Member

If you have a gas truck, pour it in the tank. Fill it up if it makes you feel better. This is a one or two gallon mix right? Truck will be fine burning that little bit of oil if it is.

3. Randocammando

Its a 1 gallon mix no truck though

4. PUT it in your car then.

5. Randocammando

2 paronoid lol any other ways

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  6. put it in your neighbors then.

7. Punton3rdDown

Punton3rdDown LawnSite Member

its only a few ounces of oil...lol. Dont be paranoid..worst thing that can happen is your car might smoke a little tiny bit. if you dont feel comfortable mail it to me I can use it, gas is expensive enough.

8. betmr

betmr LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, "Burn it"..... in your lawn mower, or anything else that runs on Gasoline. The worst it will do is Lube it up good.

9. Jaybo700R

Jaybo700R LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

Used to ride 2 stroke bikes - Always dumped any leftover mix in the car or truck or riding mower - doesn't hurt it a bit :)

10. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you mean "I messed it up"? If you added too much oil to the gas add more gas in proportion to the ratio. If you added too much gas then add more oil.

But if you're still uncomforable with this mixture use it in your vehicle .

Nosmo