getting rid of cat 939c

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by STRINGALATION, Sep 28, 2007.

1. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

bought the machine with intention to grade 96 homes after 25 houses the market slumped and the builder stopped (they only sell houses in clumps of 20 or 40 so we have been stuck all year with a machine with 7 hrs on it 135k is draining us should we keep it what else can we do with it.:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :cry:

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

How Much?
    Does it have enclosed cab?

3. STRINGALATION

see my signature

4. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

pics?........

5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

You are not alone on this "machine-no-work" thing. One option is to load it up and drop it off at the dealers. Just plain and simple give it back. It may not be what you want to do, it may be what you have to do. You are asking full retail price for a, now, used machine in a soft market that is hitting most of the country. The general trend is from bad to worse, not good to better. Off the machine and get out while you still have something left.........

6. STRINGALATION

some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

How long have you had the loader??? With just 7 hours work,you must have not had it long.If you have had it for a while and only put that many hours on it ,it might have been bad judgement on your part?

If that is the case i would think your dealer would surely work with you on a return of some kind?

Don't know your situration,how much down payment you made or if it was a cash deal.

If cash i'm sure it might be a little tougher getting them to return that without a major discount!

Nice machine!!!!!!!!! to bad.Good luck:usflag:

8. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Too bad it doesn't have the three lever hydraulics. Great looking machine. If we were busier I would tell you to meet me in Nashville.

9. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sharp looking machine. I guess I am partial to crawler loaders as they where one of the first pieces of construction equipment I ever run.

10. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

we've been kicking around the idea of getting rid of our 941b for a newer 939 but this is a little too new for how much we use it. Great looking machine though.