1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

getting rid of crab grass?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DylanK, Aug 10, 2006.

1. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

i have this account where the whole side yard is crab grass... probably about 75'x25'... and i have to push mow this every week...it growls like crazy and clogs up the mower every strip i make... is there anything i can do to get rid of this crab grass and get it back to a normal lawn again??
  2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

It will die out in a month or so. If you are not licensed, and it does not appear you are you can not apply any of the herbicides that would kill it. You could see if the customer is interested in hireing a company to kill the crabgrass for you. I know what you mean, it is not fun to cut.
  3. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

It sure is prevalent at this time of year - seems particularly so with the hot weather we have had this summer (I am just north of you - same weather).
  4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

get them on a fert program that uses a pre-emmergent, alot of crab grass preventer was ineffective this year due to the wet spring around here.......the first freeze will kill it......